What we do is sekrit
Time to try something new.
Nothing fancy, no major statement. Just a more casual container for my thoughts: something a little easier to use that also, happily, happens to be less freighted with the legacy of everything I’ve written. Something a little closer to an online Moleskine.
I’m not planning on announcing this site, but by the same token I’m not going to take any particular measures to prevent its discovery. So whether you’ve stumbled across Speedbird completely at random or whether you’ve sussed out my occult intent, welcome, welcome. Pull up a chair, make yourself at home, ’cause like the man says, this is going to go on for awhile…
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- A tale of three cities, or: The smart city as will and category error 7 September 2017
- US book tour dates, Fall 2017 (rolling updates) 27 July 2017
- The extended Acknowledgments 25 July 2017
- An index, 2017 4 March 2017
- Radical Technologies: The Design of Everyday Life, now available for pre-order 9 December 2016
Being discussed now
- kimanthekithika on VR: I’m frankly surprised they admitted this out loud
- Dark Matter | Ian Fitzpatrick on The City Is Here For You To Use: (very) provisional bibliography
- dmf on A tale of three cities, or: The smart city as will and category error
- Sketching From Ideas to Material – Near Future Laboratory on Providence in the FAIL of a Sparrow
- Upcoming Talks, Crits, Lectures – Near Future Laboratory on Update: Paris event added to fall schedule