Off to San Diego for ETech
That title should probably be sporting a question mark. This is because, as will swiftly become evident, I actually think animism – or any form of magic – is a really crappy paradigm for human-informatic interaction. You’ll have to tune in on Tuesday to find out why.
Of course, the real reason for going is the usual one: I’m more than usually looking forward to seeing an Alice, an Andrew, a Ben, a danah, a Mike, at least one Tom, and multiple Matts. Catch you other side of the continent.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- A tale of three cities, or: The smart city as will and category error 7 September 2017
- US book tour dates, Fall 2017 (rolling updates) 27 July 2017
- The extended Acknowledgments 25 July 2017
- An index, 2017 4 March 2017
- Radical Technologies: The Design of Everyday Life, now available for pre-order 9 December 2016
Being discussed now
- Dark Matter: 27 July 2017 | Ian Fitzpatrick on The City Is Here For You To Use: (very) provisional bibliography
- dmf on A tale of three cities, or: The smart city as will and category error
- Sketching From Ideas to Material – Near Future Laboratory on Providence in the FAIL of a Sparrow
- Upcoming Talks, Crits, Lectures – Near Future Laboratory on Update: Paris event added to fall schedule
- multibabirel.ch on On the ground running: Lessons from experience design