Off to San Diego for ETech
That title should probably be sporting a question mark. This is because, as will swiftly become evident, I actually think animism – or any form of magic – is a really crappy paradigm for human-informatic interaction. You’ll have to tune in on Tuesday to find out why.
Of course, the real reason for going is the usual one: I’m more than usually looking forward to seeing an Alice, an Andrew, a Ben, a danah, a Mike, at least one Tom, and multiple Matts. Catch you other side of the continent.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- The mission is terminated. 18 June 2020
- «Окей, бумер»: ForbesLife Russia interview, December ’19 6 December 2019
- Reminder to self 31 October 2019
- Excavating the meshwork 27 October 2019
- UPDATED: Politiken Byrum interview, May 2019 11 May 2019
Being discussed now
- Critical Algorithm Studies: a Reading List – MCB on Uber, or: The technics and politics of socially corrosive mobility
- Interface Critique – Words In Space on The City Is Here For You To Use: 100 easy pieces
- History of the Urban Dashboard on Two recent interviews
- pseudsweden on Shaping Cities contribution, “Of Systems and Purposes: Emergent technology for the skeptical urbanist”
- Mutual Aid in London: A Cautionary Tale – Freedom News on Preliminary notes to a diagram of Occupy Sandy