Reminder: “The City Is Here For You To Use” talk, 09 Apr
I just want to post a brief reminder of the talk I’m giving at Cooper Union on Monday evening, which will be followed by a truly stellar panel discussion featuring Glowlab‘s Christina Ray, David Benjamin and Soo-In Yang of The Living, and of course our very own Kevin Slavin.
If you’re at all interested in the texture of big city life, the evolution of post-PC computing, and how they might shape and inform each other, you don’t want to miss this. Straight up: I’m usually pretty diffident about my talks, but this one feels like it’s going to be something special. There’s just that kind of crackle in the air. I hope you’ll be able to join us.
This is also the perfect opportunity to congratulate Soo-In and David on The Living’s appearance in Instability, which I had a glance at up at Urban Center the other day when I went to drop off invites for the talk. Definitely worth picking up.
So I’ll see you Monday evening the 9th, at 7 E 7th St, at 18.30? I’m looking forward to it like you wouldn’t believe.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- A tale of three cities, or: The smart city as will and category error 7 September 2017
- US book tour dates, Fall 2017 (rolling updates) 27 July 2017
- The extended Acknowledgments 25 July 2017
- An index, 2017 4 March 2017
- Radical Technologies: The Design of Everyday Life, now available for pre-order 9 December 2016
Being discussed now
- yusni on “Against the smart city” now available for purchase in Kindle
- kimanthekithika on VR: I’m frankly surprised they admitted this out loud
- Dark Matter | Ian Fitzpatrick on The City Is Here For You To Use: (very) provisional bibliography
- dmf on A tale of three cities, or: The smart city as will and category error
- Sketching From Ideas to Material – Near Future Laboratory on Providence in the FAIL of a Sparrow