Reminder: “The City Is Here For You To Use” talk, 09 Apr
I just want to post a brief reminder of the talk I’m giving at Cooper Union on Monday evening, which will be followed by a truly stellar panel discussion featuring Glowlab‘s Christina Ray, David Benjamin and Soo-In Yang of The Living, and of course our very own Kevin Slavin.
If you’re at all interested in the texture of big city life, the evolution of post-PC computing, and how they might shape and inform each other, you don’t want to miss this. Straight up: I’m usually pretty diffident about my talks, but this one feels like it’s going to be something special. There’s just that kind of crackle in the air. I hope you’ll be able to join us.
This is also the perfect opportunity to congratulate Soo-In and David on The Living’s appearance in Instability, which I had a glance at up at Urban Center the other day when I went to drop off invites for the talk. Definitely worth picking up.
So I’ll see you Monday evening the 9th, at 7 E 7th St, at 18.30? I’m looking forward to it like you wouldn’t believe.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- The mission is terminated. 18 June 2020
- «Окей, бумер»: ForbesLife Russia interview, December ’19 6 December 2019
- Reminder to self 31 October 2019
- Excavating the meshwork 27 October 2019
- UPDATED: Politiken Byrum interview, May 2019 11 May 2019
Being discussed now
- Critical Algorithm Studies: a Reading List – MCB on Uber, or: The technics and politics of socially corrosive mobility
- Interface Critique – Words In Space on The City Is Here For You To Use: 100 easy pieces
- History of the Urban Dashboard on Two recent interviews
- pseudsweden on Shaping Cities contribution, “Of Systems and Purposes: Emergent technology for the skeptical urbanist”
- Mutual Aid in London: A Cautionary Tale – Freedom News on Preliminary notes to a diagram of Occupy Sandy