What’s in your Picnic basket?
OK, dumb title. I almost forgot to mention, I’ll be speaking at Picnic ’07 in Amsterdam on Friday, 28 September.
This’ll be “The City Is Here For You To Use,” tweaked and hopefully level-upped from the version I gave at Cooper Union in early May. I’m not sure how well it’s gonna fit with the Play track they have it shoehorned into, but I can’t say as I care very much: good god, look at these speakers!
By any standard, this is an amazing lineup. I mean, at what other event could you thank David Silverman for eighteen years of The Simpsons, remind Chee Pearlman that ID has never been the same since she left, and line up to kick Andrew Keen in the junk? Boy howdy, this is gonna be good. I hope and expect to see you in A’dam.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- For the defense of Rojava: Democratic confederalism and the undying dream of freedom 24 April 2018
- Radical Technologies: The Design of Everyday Life, comin’ atcha in paperback 23 April 2018
- “Against the smart city”: Impact metric 22 April 2018
- A tale of three cities, or: The smart city as will and category error 7 September 2017
- US book tour dates, Fall 2017 (rolling updates) 27 July 2017
Being discussed now
- yusni on “Against the smart city” now available for purchase in Kindle
- kimanthekithika on VR: I’m frankly surprised they admitted this out loud
- Dark Matter | Ian Fitzpatrick on The City Is Here For You To Use: (very) provisional bibliography
- dmf on A tale of three cities, or: The smart city as will and category error
- Sketching From Ideas to Material – Near Future Laboratory on Providence in the FAIL of a Sparrow