What’s in your Picnic basket?
OK, dumb title. I almost forgot to mention, I’ll be speaking at Picnic ’07 in Amsterdam on Friday, 28 September.
This’ll be “The City Is Here For You To Use,” tweaked and hopefully level-upped from the version I gave at Cooper Union in early May. I’m not sure how well it’s gonna fit with the Play track they have it shoehorned into, but I can’t say as I care very much: good god, look at these speakers!
By any standard, this is an amazing lineup. I mean, at what other event could you thank David Silverman for eighteen years of The Simpsons, remind Chee Pearlman that ID has never been the same since she left, and line up to kick Andrew Keen in the junk? Boy howdy, this is gonna be good. I hope and expect to see you in A’dam.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- A tale of three cities, or: The smart city as will and category error 7 September 2017
- US book tour dates, Fall 2017 (rolling updates) 27 July 2017
- The extended Acknowledgments 25 July 2017
- An index, 2017 4 March 2017
- Radical Technologies: The Design of Everyday Life, now available for pre-order 9 December 2016
Being discussed now
- kimanthekithika on VR: I’m frankly surprised they admitted this out loud
- Dark Matter | Ian Fitzpatrick on The City Is Here For You To Use: (very) provisional bibliography
- dmf on A tale of three cities, or: The smart city as will and category error
- Sketching From Ideas to Material – Near Future Laboratory on Providence in the FAIL of a Sparrow
- Upcoming Talks, Crits, Lectures – Near Future Laboratory on Update: Paris event added to fall schedule