Oh, and the crowning irony?
My flight back from Amsterdam on Saturday hubbed through Frankfurt.
My flight out to Bali today hubs through…Frankfurt.
Rarely have I so soon again visited a place I like less than FRA. It’s the kind of airport where (quite seriously) you have twenty-five minutes to negotiate 1500 meters of corridors, a change of three levels, passing through passport control and an additional security gantlet. Where the lines are invariably long and where – natürlich, this being Germany – nobody gets to skip ahead in them no matter how much sooner their flight departs than every last soul in front of them. Order over logic every dang time.
The Mustache, as is his wont, is belatedly waking up to the fact that US infrastructure sucks. Bully for him – but alas, points off for not realizing that infrastructure means practices as well as spaces and technical systems. Doctrinaire inflexibility to the point of unreason can quite easily make an airport suck just as much as moldy jetways and shite renovations.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- Can you smell what I’m cooking? 6 August 2016
- On the Master Bullshit Matrix 16 April 2016
- A brief note on “commoning” 2 April 2016
- On counter-hegemony, or: “I got it! We’ll have them write hit songs.” 24 March 2016
- Further notes on the quantified self 28 February 2016