Hey hey hey! (Good god, I’m channeling Lee Paris now. See what the prospect of a trip to the ancestral homelands does to me?)
Just wanted to mention that I’m headed down the rails to Philadelphia in a few hours, for a workshop on the Digital Transformation of Urban Experience at Temple University. Not sure how much time I’ll actually have to do so, but I’m thinking maybe a tour of at least a few of my old haunts wouldn’t be out of place. Locals are encouraged to ping me.
Is South Street Souvlaki still any good? How ’bout Dirty Frank’s? Or have they been transformed, digitally or otherwise?
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- Upcoming London events, June-July ’18 23 May 2018
- What I’m consuming of late, roughly 1H18 2 May 2018
- Happy May Day, beloved 1 May 2018
- “Perpetual Beta” interview, plus Tallinn/Helsinki dates 30 April 2018
- Abject apologies 28 April 2018
Being discussed now
- Theatrum Mundi on On the received aesthetic of the urban commons, and transcending it
- yusni on “Against the smart city” now available for purchase in Kindle
- kimanthekithika on VR: I’m frankly surprised they admitted this out loud
- Dark Matter | Ian Fitzpatrick on The City Is Here For You To Use: (very) provisional bibliography
- dmf on A tale of three cities, or: The smart city as will and category error