“Urban Computing” launch/talk: Now with added Paulos!
A brief reminder of two upcoming events NYC urbcomp heads will definitely not want to miss:
– First, I pity the fool that’s elsewhere when our pals at The Living fire up the Van Alen the evening of 11 December, for the opening of their “Living City” installation. I hear the show will feature a fully functional, scaled-up version of the Living Glass responsive building membrane, which should be tremendously cool.
– And later that same week, please join Mark Shepard, Intel’s Eric Paulos and ys tly for the series launch/panel discussion for “Urban Computing and its Discontents” at the Architectural League – that’s the evening of 14 December. I’ve seen the pamphlet mocked up in PDF, and let me tell you, it’s pretty tasty. Come get your hardcopy live and in person, then join us for G&Ts and whatnot.
I look forward to seeing you at either – or, hey, why not both? – of the events.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- Can you smell what I’m cooking? 6 August 2016
- On the Master Bullshit Matrix 16 April 2016
- A brief note on “commoning” 2 April 2016
- On counter-hegemony, or: “I got it! We’ll have them write hit songs.” 24 March 2016
- Further notes on the quantified self 28 February 2016