Rainy Friday odds’n’sods
– We’re hiring! Nokia Design is looking for some talented individuals to come help us forge the future of mobile interaction, and brave the Finnish winters besides. (These happen to be Helsinki-based positions, but I hear the Palo Alto studio is looking, too, if gentle Bay Area days & La Costeña burritos are more your bag.)
Our Digital Design team is looking for one specialist, interaction design, one interaction designer and one communication designer. Don’t ask me what those job titles mean, BTW; this isn’t my team but the next one over. You may regard that as a plus. : . )
Bonus: if you apply through these links, and I know you from hanging out here, I’ll be happy to share my feelings in support of your candidacy.
– Item the second: Scram! The much-beloved West Philly ska-punk band of yore, that is. These guys were the sekrit joy of many a basement gig and summer block party, in the days before every unclued fratboy with a skateboard knew how to pickituppickitup. I’m dyin’ to hear some of that good Scram! sound but it just doesn’t seem to come digital, like at all. If anyone has any mp3s of their oeuvre lying around – oh, especially the giddy “Here Tonite” – please do sail ’em my way. Suitable consideration will be offered.
– It assuredly doesn’t need any boost I might be able to offer it, but you should really check out Chin Music’s Art Space Tokyo, painstakingly assembled by Ashley Rawlings and Craig Mod, and gorgeously realized by the latter. It’s a lovely object, and a gift to anyone who’s ever wandered the winding backstreets of Tokyo.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- Radical Technologies: The Design of Everyday Life, now available for pre-order 9 December 2016
- “What Shapes The City?”: Upcoming talk at University of Toronto, November 21st 28 October 2016
- Can you smell what I’m cooking? 6 August 2016
- On the Master Bullshit Matrix 16 April 2016
- A brief note on “commoning” 2 April 2016
Being discussed now
- AG on “What Shapes The City?”: Upcoming talk at University of Toronto, November 21st
- August on “What Shapes The City?”: Upcoming talk at University of Toronto, November 21st
- Ravenswood Design on On the ground running: Lessons from experience design
- DNH603 2016 on On the ground running: Lessons from experience design
- inhab.it on Flowers for cyberpunk