Rainy Friday odds’n’sods
– We’re hiring! Nokia Design is looking for some talented individuals to come help us forge the future of mobile interaction, and brave the Finnish winters besides. (These happen to be Helsinki-based positions, but I hear the Palo Alto studio is looking, too, if gentle Bay Area days & La Costeña burritos are more your bag.)
Our Digital Design team is looking for one specialist, interaction design, one interaction designer and one communication designer. Don’t ask me what those job titles mean, BTW; this isn’t my team but the next one over. You may regard that as a plus. : . )
Bonus: if you apply through these links, and I know you from hanging out here, I’ll be happy to share my feelings in support of your candidacy.
– Item the second: Scram! The much-beloved West Philly ska-punk band of yore, that is. These guys were the sekrit joy of many a basement gig and summer block party, in the days before every unclued fratboy with a skateboard knew how to pickituppickitup. I’m dyin’ to hear some of that good Scram! sound but it just doesn’t seem to come digital, like at all. If anyone has any mp3s of their oeuvre lying around – oh, especially the giddy “Here Tonite” – please do sail ’em my way. Suitable consideration will be offered.
– It assuredly doesn’t need any boost I might be able to offer it, but you should really check out Chin Music’s Art Space Tokyo, painstakingly assembled by Ashley Rawlings and Craig Mod, and gorgeously realized by the latter. It’s a lovely object, and a gift to anyone who’s ever wandered the winding backstreets of Tokyo.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- US book tour dates, Fall 2017 (rolling updates) 27 July 2017
- The extended Acknowledgments 25 July 2017
- An index, 2017 4 March 2017
- Radical Technologies: The Design of Everyday Life, now available for pre-order 9 December 2016
- “What Shapes The City?”: Upcoming talk at University of Toronto, November 21st 28 October 2016
Being discussed now
- Sketching From Ideas to Material – Near Future Laboratory on Providence in the FAIL of a Sparrow
- Upcoming Talks, Crits, Lectures – Near Future Laboratory on Update: Paris event added to fall schedule
- multibabirel.ch on On the ground running: Lessons from experience design
- Future Makespaces in Redistributed Manufacturing on A brief note on “commoning”
- AG on “What Shapes The City?”: Upcoming talk at University of Toronto, November 21st