Recap for the week ending 18th April 2010
It’s certainly been a densepacked week on Speedbird. Just in case you missed any of it, we…
– gleaned lessons from an unbuilt 1975 housing project for the Philippines;
– asked what it might mean to live through a revolution in cartography;
– celebrated the final triumph of Mark Weiser’s vision of a post-PC era;
– extended the hope that a new generation of mobile applications could help rediscover urban serendipity;
– took the connected notions of “creative” classes, cities and industries to task; and finally
– examined how changes in the structure and culture of work may be driving changes in the shape of cities.