Hey hey! We’re back in HEL for a few hours, at the tail end of a bad jag of travel: two conferences and two additional speaking appearances on two continents in two weeks. (And you wondered why I hadn’t been writing here.) Thanks to everyone at AT&T and Sonae; to swift & steady Claudio; to my good friends at Nordkapp and all the participants in last weekend’s Touchscapes workshop; and especially to Anab, Michelle, Juha and Sarah for sharing some quality AMS time with us.
Stand by for some thoughts on the ethics of making do and adaptive reuse; appropriate and mistaken approaches to serving “emerging markets” at the “bottom of the pyramid”; and some advice from a speaker’s perspective on how (and how not) to organize conferences and other events.
On this week’s agenda: a talk and mini-walkshop in Oulu, part of the Second Open Ubiquitous City Seminar, prep for a speaking appearance in Berlin next week and the Barcelona Systems/Layers walkshop week after that (!).
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- “What Shapes The City?”: Upcoming talk at University of Toronto, November 21st 28 October 2016
- Can you smell what I’m cooking? 6 August 2016
- On the Master Bullshit Matrix 16 April 2016
- A brief note on “commoning” 2 April 2016
- On counter-hegemony, or: “I got it! We’ll have them write hit songs.” 24 March 2016
Being discussed now
- AG on “What Shapes The City?”: Upcoming talk at University of Toronto, November 21st
- August on “What Shapes The City?”: Upcoming talk at University of Toronto, November 21st
- Ravenswood Design on On the ground running: Lessons from experience design
- DNH603 2016 on On the ground running: Lessons from experience design
- inhab.it on Flowers for cyberpunk