“Against the smart city” now available for purchase in Kindle
This is turning into a week of posts that begin “It gives me great pleasure…”, isn’t it? Well, forgive me: it does actually give me great pleasure to share with you the news that our pamphlet “Against the smart city,” the first part of The city is here for you to use, is now available for purchase in a Kindle edition. I hope you enjoy it.
Additionally, if you’re among those who pre-ordered The city is here for you to use lo those many years ago, I’d like to ship you a copy of the pamphlet gratis as a way of thanking you for your patience. If you haven’t gotten an email to that effect from me recently, I may not have your current address, so if you’ll drop me a line and let me know where I can reach you, I’ll send you your copy immediately.
You may have noticed, as well, that this is published through our Do projects initiative, which means that every penny we garner in commission goes directly toward supporting our ability to produce work like this, Nurri’s Tokyo Blues, and other inquiries at the intersection of urbanism and everyday life. So please do share widely. Many thanks!
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- Shaping Cities contribution, “Of Systems and Purposes: Emergent technology for the skeptical urbanist” 27 September 2018
- AG on Moscardi, now in FOAM 51 23 September 2018
- Four questions for the smart city 27 August 2018
- Asia Art Tours interview 26 July 2018
- “Against the smart city”: Impact metric, part II 25 July 2018