Here I am in Seoul, and I’m fittin’ to go have a walkabout in Itaewon.
When I first came to Korea some fifteen years ago, as a sergeant in the US Army, Itaewon was a rather tatty pleasure quarter outside the gates of the main US base, and with the base’s closure it’s now well on its way to becoming something else (though what that “something else” is is not quite clear to me yet, and may not be any clearer to the people who live here).
At any rate, I’m going to go have a poke around for a good few hours, but then I’m more or less at loose ends until my very highly planned and scheduled time begins tomorrow morning. If any of my Korean readers happens to be free and you’re up for a chat over tea or a quick 맥주, let me know in comments here — I’ll be checking in at intervals.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- Architetti Roma interview 25 September 2015
- Medialab Katowice interview 23 September 2015
- “Gee, Officer Krupke”: A close reading in the governmentality literature 20 September 2015
- Bartlettizing, 25 November 16 September 2015
- Untitled RUIN liner notes, 2015 24 July 2015
Being discussed now
- Greenfield appointed new Head of Design Direction | Microsoft Devices Blog on Architecture in Helsinki
- Setting a research program [Valle post #two] | Ivan Heitmann on On Adaptive Ecologies
- » Uber i bezakonje „ekonomije deljenja“ on Uber, or: The technics and politics of socially corrosive mobility
- otrops.com on On the ground running: Lessons from experience design
- Tom Chatfield on What Apple needs to do now