Here I am in Seoul, and I’m fittin’ to go have a walkabout in Itaewon.
When I first came to Korea some fifteen years ago, as a sergeant in the US Army, Itaewon was a rather tatty pleasure quarter outside the gates of the main US base, and with the base’s closure it’s now well on its way to becoming something else (though what that “something else” is is not quite clear to me yet, and may not be any clearer to the people who live here).
At any rate, I’m going to go have a poke around for a good few hours, but then I’m more or less at loose ends until my very highly planned and scheduled time begins tomorrow morning. If any of my Korean readers happens to be free and you’re up for a chat over tea or a quick 맥주, let me know in comments here — I’ll be checking in at intervals.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- A tale of three cities, or: The smart city as will and category error 7 September 2017
- US book tour dates, Fall 2017 (rolling updates) 27 July 2017
- The extended Acknowledgments 25 July 2017
- An index, 2017 4 March 2017
- Radical Technologies: The Design of Everyday Life, now available for pre-order 9 December 2016
Being discussed now
- Dark Matter | Ian Fitzpatrick on The City Is Here For You To Use: (very) provisional bibliography
- dmf on A tale of three cities, or: The smart city as will and category error
- Sketching From Ideas to Material – Near Future Laboratory on Providence in the FAIL of a Sparrow
- Upcoming Talks, Crits, Lectures – Near Future Laboratory on Update: Paris event added to fall schedule
- multibabirel.ch on On the ground running: Lessons from experience design