Piling higher and deeper
Today I am deeeeeeeeeeelighted to share with you the news that my application to study toward a PhD in the Cities Programme of the Sociology Department at the London School of Economics has been accepted. Good god! I’m going back to school!
This is quite the fiftieth birthday present, and will require above all that I get over the little chip on my shoulder I’ve carried around for years about being uncredentialed, unaffiliated and unbound. This has been an enduring source of pride and strength for me, but I’ve come to feel like it’s outlived its utility, and has for the past little while actually functioned as a pretty sharp constraint on some of the things I’d like to achieve. Time to leave it behind.
Unending thanks to David Madden and Suzi Hall for your guidance and encouragement, to Saskia Sassen and Richard Sennett for your active support of my candidacy, and to Nurri Kim for your insight and counsel. I am so, so stoked — in fact, I cannot quite believe I’ve been offered the opportunity to learn and grow from this particular community of passionately engaged scholars. Let’s kick the tires and light the fires, I am ready to go.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- The mission is terminated. 18 June 2020
- «Окей, бумер»: ForbesLife Russia interview, December ’19 6 December 2019
- Reminder to self 31 October 2019
- Excavating the meshwork 27 October 2019
- UPDATED: Politiken Byrum interview, May 2019 11 May 2019
Being discussed now
- AG on Untitled RUIN liner notes, 2015
- Jack Klompus on Untitled RUIN liner notes, 2015
- Critical Algorithm Studies: a Reading List – MCB on Uber, or: The technics and politics of socially corrosive mobility
- Interface Critique – Words In Space on The City Is Here For You To Use: 100 easy pieces
- History of the Urban Dashboard on Two recent interviews