Two Copenhagen talks, May 22nd-23rd
Just so long as I’m posting upcoming talks, I figure I’d better pull your coat about two talks I’m giving in Copenhagen week after next.
– On the 22nd, from 09:00 to 10:30 in the morning, I’ll be keynoting something called the Prix Bloxhub Interactive Symposium. This ought to be interesting, to say the least, as my views about what makes a city “liveable” (for whom?) are quite strongly in tension with those of most all the other speakers, and indeed the framing of the event itself. I can’t quite figure out from the website just where the symposium’s going to be held, but I’m sure the organizers can help you with that if you’re thinking of attending. I can’t promise sparks, but, y’know…where there’s friction there’s always gonna be a decent chance of same.
– Similarly, the next morning from 09:20 to 10:00 I’m giving a talk at the Danish Design Museum — what is it about Copenhagen and talks at an hour I’m generally not even fully caffeinated yet? Here again the whole framing of the event is about digital innovation and other conceptions of the common good I’ve parted ways with, so I’m imagining a healthy dialectic will emerge.
Give a shout if you’re in town & feel like having a coffee, Christiania-izing, etc.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- The mission is terminated. 18 June 2020
- «Окей, бумер»: ForbesLife Russia interview, December ’19 6 December 2019
- Reminder to self 31 October 2019
- Excavating the meshwork 27 October 2019
- UPDATED: Politiken Byrum interview, May 2019 11 May 2019
Being discussed now
- Interface Critique – Words In Space on The City Is Here For You To Use: 100 easy pieces
- History of the Urban Dashboard on Two recent interviews
- pseudsweden on Shaping Cities contribution, “Of Systems and Purposes: Emergent technology for the skeptical urbanist”
- Mutual Aid in London: A Cautionary Tale – Freedom News on Preliminary notes to a diagram of Occupy Sandy
- City Mattering - OpenDoTT on What I’m working on lately: Practices of the minimum viable utopia (long)