Two Copenhagen talks, May 22nd-23rd
Just so long as I’m posting upcoming talks, I figure I’d better pull your coat about two talks I’m giving in Copenhagen week after next.
– On the 22nd, from 09:00 to 10:30 in the morning, I’ll be keynoting something called the Prix Bloxhub Interactive Symposium. This ought to be interesting, to say the least, as my views about what makes a city “liveable” (for whom?) are quite strongly in tension with those of most all the other speakers, and indeed the framing of the event itself. I can’t quite figure out from the website just where the symposium’s going to be held, but I’m sure the organizers can help you with that if you’re thinking of attending. I can’t promise sparks, but, y’know…where there’s friction there’s always gonna be a decent chance of same.
– Similarly, the next morning from 09:20 to 10:00 I’m giving a talk at the Danish Design Museum — what is it about Copenhagen and talks at an hour I’m generally not even fully caffeinated yet? Here again the whole framing of the event is about digital innovation and other conceptions of the common good I’ve parted ways with, so I’m imagining a healthy dialectic will emerge.
Give a shout if you’re in town & feel like having a coffee, Christiania-izing, etc.
Adam Greenfield on TwitterMy Tweets
- UPDATED: Politiken Byrum interview, May 2019 11 May 2019
- Two Copenhagen talks, May 22nd-23rd 6 May 2019
- Last-minute heads up: Chicago May 8th & Ann Arbor May 10th 5 May 2019
- New book in the works: Power at Human Scale 19 February 2019
- Home Futures contribution: Just what is it that makes today’s homes so different, so appalling? 8 November 2018
Being discussed now
- Uber, algorithms, and trust – TNA DEV on Uber, or: The technics and politics of socially corrosive mobility
- The baseline of unurbanism – bobulate on The City Is Here For You To Use: (very) provisional bibliography
- London - Transport and Beer - April 2014 - Andy Nash on Urban data: From fetish object to social object | 14th March 2014 at LSE Cities
- WARREN ELLIS LTD on UPDATED: Politiken Byrum interview, May 2019
- Pat Kane on New book in the works: Power at Human Scale